Sunday, September 27, 2009

Thnig #4-Blogging

I think blogging is a great teaching tool. Writing is a big part of the 4th grade classroom because the students take a TAKS Writing test. Hearing the students voice in their compositions is a big part of the score they receive on the test. I think blogging is a great way to get the students to write and share their voice. It encourages students to take ownership of their learning in an innovative way. It also allows the students to get encouragement and feedback in a different format. I really enjoyed reading through all of the blogs that we were given. I especially liked reading through Duck With a blog. I enjoyed the student's responses. The students got to express their thoughts in a new way. You could tell that they really put thought into what they were saying.

1 comment:

  1. Good job adding the link to your post. I agree that blogging is a great way for students to develop their own unique voice. I also think that kids who blog do a better job because they know that there are real people out there reading their writing. They have an authentic audience.

    ReplyDelete