Sunday, November 15, 2009

One Final Thing

I enjoyed the 23 things course. It was very time consuming and I was very worried about the blogging aspect of this course. I have never felt very comfortable with writing, so this was a struggle I had to overcome to complete this course.
  • What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? I really enjoyed learning about the photo sharing and image generators. I think these will be great tools for use in my classroom as well as my personal life.
  • How has this program affected your lifelong learning goals? I have always considered myself a lifelong learner, so it didn't really change my outlook on lifelong learning. I do know that the course has motivated me to use more technology in my classroom.
  • Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? I learned some news things about some old things I already knew about. I had a flickr account and was very familiar with flickr, but I had not considered all the options I had for using it in the classroom. This was the case for some other "things" as well that I had previously known or learned about but I had not considered all the ways for using it in the classroom setting.
  • What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? I thought the program was great. The assignments were very easy to understand. Maybe an email from the facilitators every now and then letting us know we are on track or just checking up? Also, once or twice it a week and a half went by before I was marked off for some assignments. Maybe this could be done a little more often?!
  • If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate? I would absolutely love to participate in another program like this one!
  • How will what you have learned influence your practice as a teacher or school librarian? As I stated above, the course has motivated me to incorporate more technology into my classroom.
  • How do you plan to keep up with new developments in web 2.0? By looking at many of the sites that I have subscribed to. I have even set up some alerts regarding technology in the classroom to inform me.

No comments:

Post a Comment