Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thing #21-Google

I chose to look at many of the google tools that were listed. I thought many of them would be useful in both my personal and professional life. I set up a google calendar
for my own personal use. But I can see a great use for the google calendar in the classroom. You could set up a class calendar that could be shared with all of the students and parents to be informed about what is going on in the classroom. This would be especially useful if you were working on a special project and you could include specific deadlines dates on the calendar. I also set up google alerts to inform me about news related topics regarding education. I also have it informing me about some of my favorite sports teams. Another google tool that I explored was Google SketchUp. This tool could be used in the classroom in several ways. I explored a little bit a created a triangular prism. This could be used with some of my higher level students in my classroom when we are doing our unit on 3D figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment