Saturday, October 31, 2009

Thing #17-Pocasting

I looked through all of the directories that were given. I started by searchin for podcasts that were related to elementary math. I didn't come up with many results on most of them. I found the EPN, Education Podcast Network, was the best directory for me and the need of my students. I looked at several podcasts that were related to elementary school math. The Math tutor was one that I looked at. I found the podcast to be somewhat useful, but kind of boring. I looked at a few podcasts about teaching with a SMARTboard in the classroom, but I did not find them to be very useful. I have viewed many podcasts on iTunes before, one particular podcasts that I enjoyed was a course about teaching math in the elementary school classroom. Overall, I think podcasts could be useful to me as an educator, but I am not convinced they will be helpful to my students in the classroom.

1 comment:

  1. You might consider having students create their own podcasts to summarize their learning on a topic.

    ReplyDelete