Saturday, October 31, 2009

Thing #18-Video Sharing



Once again, I typed in Elementary Math as my search topic. I was very pleased with the number of video results it came up with. I spent WAY too much time looking through the many videos related to topics I currently teach about in my 4th grade math classroom. I found videos related to measurement, probability, geometry, problem solving and basic math. I found several videos that a teacher has posted with rap songs she has created that are related to math topics. I could see using some of these in my classroom. The video that I included in my blog post was about right angles. My students will be learning about right angles in just a few weeks. I like how it told what a right angle is, showed examples then show "real life" images that had right angles and gave you time to look for them. I think there are many uses for using podcasts in my classroom in the future. I look forward to working towards incorporating them into my lessons.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think your video is working. I'd love to see it - would you please try and repost it?

    ReplyDelete