Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thing #8-Wikis

I enjoyed looking at all of the wikis. I wondered, before I began exploring the different wikis, what I might use one for in my own classroom. I now have several ideas for the use of wikis in my class!

I liked the way the Room 15 wiki was set up. This wiki was started by a sixth grade class to share book reviews and other student works, as well as share classroom information. This wiki was organized very well and the overall appearance looked better than some of the other wikis I saw. If I were to create a wiki for my classroom, I think this setup would work best. I think having a classroom wiki that provided a variety of information about the class would be a great idea.

I also chose to look at the Primary Math wiki. Being a 4th grade math teacher, this one initially caught my eye. I thought the concept behind this wiki was a good idea. It is setup for primary math students to share their learning. This wiki was very basic and simple.

I thought the Salute to Suess wiki was a neat idea. This was a project where students had to read a Dr. Suess book and make a project to post on the wiki. I thought this was a very creative idea to get the students involved in learning about a particular subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment